Friday, August 21, 2009

Pitchfork's Top 20 Songs of the Decade

This entire week, Pitchfork, a music review website has been counting down the greatest songs of the decade. Their list is actually 500 songs, but I thought I would just type out the top 20 for my sanity's sake. Do you agree or disagree? What do you guys think?

20. The Walkmen- "The Rat"
19. R. Kelly- "Ignition (Remix)"
18. Hercules and Love Affair- "Blind"
17. Annie- "Heartbeat"
16. The Rapture- "House of Jealous Lovers"
15. The Knife- "Heartbeats"
14. Jay-Z- "99 Problems"
13. LCD Soundsystem- "Losing My Edge"
12. OutKast- "Hey Ya"
11. Gnarls Barkley- "Crazy"
10. Arcade Fire- "Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)"
09. Animal Collective- "My Girls"
08. Radiohead- "Idioteque"
07. Missy Elliott- "Get Ur Freak On"
06. Yeah Yeah Yeahs- "Maps"
05. Daft Punk- "One More Time"
04. Beyonce ft. Jay-Z- "Crazy in Love"
03. M.I.A. ft Bun B and Rich Boy- "Paper Planes (Diplo Remix)
02. LCD Soundsytem- "All My Friends"
01. OutKast- "B.O.B"

It should be noted that Pitchfork is a music site that gears themselves towards mostly underground or non-mainstream music which might explain why you probably haven't heard of a lot of these. It should also be noted that I called half of these songs in the top 20. :)

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm sorry but I don't think that Maps or Crazy in love are better than Idioteque. I also very much disagree with bombs over Baghdad being number one. Its a good song but not the best of the decade.

Amber said...

yeah i think it depends on peoples music tastes, neat list though, I'll have to listen to some of these