Monday, November 3, 2008

The wait is over...

Here are the answers to the riddles...Inside Stories gets bonus points for getting 4 of the 6 right....

1. He was in a hot air balloon with three other people. They realized they were too heavy and were going to crash so they took off all their clothes to try to lose the weight. Even that wasn't enough, and they drew matches for who would jump out. He drew the shortened match and plummeted to his death. (I could see that Inside Stories was on the right track for this one even though she didn't have the answer).

2. He was an astronaut on a spacewalk when he realized that there was a tear in his suit.

3. He stabbed himself with an icicle.

4. When the man draws the paper, he declines to read the paper and instead has his captors read the paper that is still in the hat. The paper, obviously, says "Death" which makes them believe that he drew the paper that says, "Life".

5. A stick. (hehe)

6. Because seven ate (eight) nine.

Thanks to everyone for participating! Some of them are kinda silly but whatever can get you through the day helps.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

You are so clever...a stick?! really?

Nene said...

Well, at least it helped me try to think "out of the box" even though I only knew the answer to the last one. I really kept thinking about the nude man with the match though.

Delirious said...

I have to explain my answer. I wasn't sure how the man became nude, but I figured that the desert can get really cold at night and even freeze. He didn't start a fire with the match, so he froze to death. :)