Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Final Thoughts on a Road Trip

Our last day in Denver, we went to the Natural History Museum. It was absolutely packed. We saw an IMAX movie about a guy who climbs the Eiger. It was really good except for the cheesy heavy metal guitar music that was contributed by Brian May from Queen. I actually wanted to leave after the IMAX because we had been to the museum on a previous occasion, and I still remembered most of what I had seen. Stace-Ghost and her friend wanted to walk around some more though so I was out-of-luck. We went through the dinosaurs which was boring. Looking at a bunch of bones has never been too fascinating for me. We then went to the Life/Health section which was really cool except for the fact that there was so many people there. You are given a card, and you do various exercises and other small tests and at the end, you are given a print out of how healthy you are in various areas. The lines were really long for all the exercises though, and I had done it before so I let the girls do it and I went and watched a lecture about the human brain which was really enlightening (you know how people say we only use 10% of our brain? Its not true. Its just you don't use your entire brain all the time. Like right now, you're not trying to recall what peanut butter smells like. Well now you are. But you get the idea).
I came back and the girls were still in line and so I just found a bench and waited for them to be done. After they were done (they were both very healthy), we left and went to a Thai restaurant. There wasn't anything else we wanted to do in Denver so we went back to the house and stayed in for the night and played cards. I didn't want to come back. Stace-ghost didn't either.
I drove the whole way back home because Stace-ghost was scared to. We stopped in Raton because it is almost exactly halfway between Denver and Albuquerque. We decided to eat
at McDonald's because we ate at Arby's last time we had passed through. It was packed. After we ordered, it took us 20 minutes to get our food. I got the chicken nuggets because that is all I ever order at McDonald's because that is all I trust there. They forgot to give me my sauce but there were so many people I didn't go up there and ask for some. Have you ever eaten nuggets without sauce? Its not very good. I was mad. I was even more mad because I had to use the bathroom and there was a line right outside the stall. I'm not very good at going to the bathroom when I'm pressured to hurry. I was mad. Being in Raton for the whole half hour we were there was the worst part of the whole trip. I floored it home cuz I just wanted to get home. I didn't want to come back, but Albuquerque is a whole hell of a lot better than Raton.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Raton sucked. At least I didn't have to stick my hand in the back of the toilet to flush it in McDonald's like I had to at Arby's!! Next time we should stop in Las Vegas or something...