Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Buckling Down

This semester, I have had the worst case of Senior-itis I have ever had. I am normally a good student, all As and Bs, who likes to learn and likes the challenge that school brings. But I'm worn out. I just want/need a break. I have always been a procrastinator but I've always got the job done when it came down to it. But every homework assignment seems ten times harder this semester because I have to work ten times harder just to motivate myself to do it. Naturally, I've already fallen behind with all the work I need to get done before its over. May 6th is the last day I have to turn anything in. So, I'm buckling down and holding on for dear life. Roughly two weeks more and I can finally see the fruits of five years worth of work. And it couldn't have come any sooner nor at a more suitable time.

7 comments:

Amber said...

I'm proud of you and all the hard work - it's hard to work and go to school at the same time so it's awesome that you stuck with it and have done so well!

Stacy said...

Senior-itis should be a serious medical term...it haunts millions of people. Although you have a hard time motivating yourself just remember that you do indeed only have two more weeks and then you will be done with school forever (if you wanted to be)...You can do it!!!

Inklings said...

I'm proud of you, too. I remember your dad getting married young and then going to school for 10 years at night while he worked full time, so ambition and hard work runs in your family! Hang in there, May 6 is coming. :0)

Keira said...

I hope you and stace-ghost have a nice vacation or something planned after graduation. Both of you deserve it and you should take advantage of the time you have to go and do something fun. Who knows when you'll get another chance...

Nene said...

Start the countdown! It helps to cross off those days and see them "disappear". I am really proud of how hard you have worked and I know it will be well worth the effort. Hang in there!

Delirious said...

Congratulations! Wow, you have really pulled through a long haul! Education is one of those things that people can never take away from you. :)

KWCooley said...

Hang in there. You're almost done. It really is worth it.