Thursday, February 14, 2008

Graduation

Well, its almost that time...graduation...after five years, I will finally earn my bachelor's degree in Communication and Journalism with a focus in Advertising this coming May. I am starting to feel what I like to call Post-Graduate Depression (I don't know if this is a real ailment but it freakin' should be). I have no idea what I am going to be doing career-wise once I graduate. I jokingly asked my boss at work if I could have a raise once I got my degree (for those of you who don't know, my job involves throwing 25 pound bags of mail all day). He didn't say yes or no. He just said, "Dude, don't work here." He then suggested I go sell insurance or something. Riveting. I work for 5 years to be qualified to sell insurance (no offense to anyone who sells insurance...its just for me, this does not sound like a job I would want). I still want to go to grad school though. At least I do know that. I just don't know what I want to go to grad school for. I just know that I like to learn and that grad school will give me an edge over my competitors for jobs. Or maybe, I just don't want to choose a career and I'd rather delay the decision. I don't know. I just wish I had it figured out already. I turn 23 next month. I jokingly told my friends that every year I say the same thing at my birthday. When I turned 19, I said, "Whoa, I'm 19, I gotta get it together." At 20, I said, "Whoa, I'm 20, I gotta get it together." And so on. Next month will be no different. I can only hope that when I turn 24, I can say something else.

1 comment:

Amber said...

A few months ago I turned 29 and thought "whoa i REALLY gotta start getting it together" unfortunately i think most people think this and we will continually be saying the same thing every birthday until we die - but on a brighter note, Kaleb thinks that once you DO finally figure it all out is when it's time for you to die, so no rush LOL ;) and congratulations on your almost graduation, i'm sure you'll figure out some cool job to have - just start looking through the paper :)